Saturday, January 5, 2008

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Shauna's Story

Shauna is living life to the full in Texas!
What a beautiful lady....and her beauty matches her remarkable courage and endurance over decades of fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis.
These days Shauna gardens, which is a passion. She says when able she works part time. Shauna admits, "Life has been difficult,..no, it's been extremely difficult. The changes I've had to make over time have caused me a lot of emotional distress. The constant pain and side effects from the medications are very difficult to deal with. Only people who have RA could possibly understand."
Shauna shared these photos with me of what RA has done to her over time, and she stood out with her jesting.













"Good Health to You"

*I met Shauna online after visiting a website hosting photos of RA friends living in Texas.

3 comments:

bariatric surgery jacksonville said...

Well...I am very sad with this story. it is really bad.But Rheumatoid arthritis is two to three times more common in women than in men and generally occurs between the ages of 40 and 60.thank god she is older.

Lisa said...

I am new here and so happy to find your site. I was diagnosed a few weeks ago and today I am taking the initiative (and courage) to learn all about this disease. These pictures of Shauna has reassured me that I can still be beautiful and have RA. It has been a real concern for me. I feel better knowing that the DIVA in me can still shine through and my confidence can stay in tact. Thanks to Shauna and you for showing me how to live gracefully and beautifully with RA.

azuankota said...

CLICK HERE >>Blog Medication for Arthritis
Arthritis-your complete exercise guide. You can fight back against Arthritis. This blog provides you with a safe and sensible exercise programs that will help you reduce the adverse effects of arthritis and improve your overall fitness. Arthritis patient will find this blog to be invaluable. This blog target flexibility, strength, and aerobic activities most beneficial to people with arthritis.

CLICK HERE >>Blog Medication for Arthritis
http://medications-for-arthritis.blogspot.com